Offical web site at the hosting university: http://soli08.bjtu.edu.cn
Conference Scope and Theme
Service science, service operations, logistics, and informatics are becoming ever more complex and interdependent. They are playing an increasingly important role in today’s world economy. Information and communications technology provides cyber-infrastructure and platforms to achieve more efficient and productive services operations. New types of service offerings are also emerging to meet the needs of customers and consumers. The IEEE/INFORMS Service Operations and Logistics, and Informatics (SOLI) conference series aims to bring together researchers and practitioners to discuss issues, identify challenges and future directions, share their R&D findings and experiences in relative areas.
Papers relating to Services/Logistics Design, Innovations, Marketing, Operations, and Engineering; Information Technology / Systems, and their specific applications are strongly encouraged. Special sessions on specific service topics are also welcome.
Topics include, but are not limited
- Service Design, Engineering, Operations, and Innovations - Service planning and design; Service process engineering; Expedited services and extreme logistics; Healthcare systems; Financial services; Retail and services management; Quality and customer satisfaction; Metrics and benchmarks; Security & safety-related services and management; Contingency planning; Operations research; Production engineering; Intelligent traffic; Engineering consulting;Traffic planning; Integrated transportation; Service operation
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management - On-demand delivery; Logistics planning; Freight forwarding and customs clearance; Venue logistics management; Warehouse and distribution; Transportation management systems; Reverse logistics; Logistics visibility and control; Procurement; supply chain collaboration; supply chain process; supply chain networks
- Material Flow（MF）Science and Technology - MF fundamental sciences (MF mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, etc.); Comprehensive MF theory; MF in the natural world; Material flow in the social world; Material flow in the economic world; MF element theory; MF nature; MF engineering; MF Industry; MF Technological economics; Cycle MF System; X party material flow (XPMF); The MF complexity and emergence; The MF information and simulation technology; MF systems and networks; Financial Measures of MF
- Service/Event Management & Manufacturing - Demand forecasting; Customer relationship management; Event communication and alerting; Services training; Services sustaining; Services quality; Services bundling; E-market for services; Event management system; Event sponsorship; Event-based production and supply chain; Event-based products and manufacturing; Intelligent manufacturing; Customization
- Information & Communications Technology and Systems (ICTS) - ICTS services design and management; ICTS services standards, locating, composition, and bundling; Process modeling, augmentation, and automation; Real time identification & tracking; Pervasive and ubiquitous computing in logistics; Decision support systems; Software agent based systems; RFID; data warehousing and data/Web mining; Business intelligence; Systems interoperability and integration; Information security; IT Project Management; Information Management in construction project
- Electronic Commerce & Knowledge - Wireless Communication and mobile commerce; Mobile services; Electronic government; Information resource management; IT and enterprise innovation management; IT and strategy for the sustainable development of enterprises; Semiotics ;Business performance management; Customer relationship management; Information economics; Network culture and harmonious society; Distributed computing; Sensor networks
Paper Submission Manuscripts in English must be electronically submitted at the conference website: http://www.ieeesoli.org They should be at most six pages in the IEEE two-column conference paper format,. A LaTeX style file and a Microsoft Word template are available from the IEEE web site (http://www.ieee.org/pubs/transactions/stylesheets.xml). The submissions, however, need to be in PDF.
June 1, 2008 Deadline for submission of full papers
July 15, 2008 Acceptance/Rejection notification
August 15, 2008 Final camera-ready papers due
Quality papers presented at conference will be recommended
for a special journal issue:
Other inquiries, please contact the General Chair: Prof. Runtong Zhang at email@example.com
Disclaimer: Images are subject
to copyrights, which may be retained by their authors or their copyright
holders (that are clearly indicated by the links). This web site is solely used
for the purpose of non-profit educational and research conference. Endorsed
services related to the conference will be clearly introduced and specifically
explained. In case other products or services are mentioned, no product or
service mentioned in this web site is endorsed by its maker or provider, nor
are any claims of the capabilities of the product or service mentioned.
Products and company names mentioned may be the trademarks or registered
trademarks of their respective owners.